Beginner Surf courses Pembrokeshire | Learn To Surf In Wales
Surfing lessons Pembrokeshire
We have been introducing beginner surfers to the sport of surfing since 2002. Through this experience we have refined our learn to surf programme to offer the best beginner surf lessons – available anywhere.surfing lessons are for everyone. We teach paddling, standing up, dropping into waves and riding across them. You can expect to stand up and ride your first wave in the first day.
- Learn to surf waves not just stand up !
- Learn faster with daily technique correction via video coaching
- Learn ocean knowledge and wave selection
- See yourself surf on the daily videos!
- High performance coaching techniques adapted for the beginner
- Learn how to surf fast !
- Catch unbroken waves & take the drop !
- The safest & easiest waves to learn in Pembrokeshire
- You will turn and feel why “only a surfer knows the feeling”
- Surf left and right breaking waves
- Learn Surfing Etiquette ! Essential for all new surfers
- Learn how to identify the best waves, rips and currents
- Learn board design. Know what board is right for you
- Fully qualified coaches
- ISA Surfing accredited surf school
- Safety 1st Policy – all staff surf rescue trained
Wales top Surf School offers surf courses at every level of ability. Beginner/Improver courses give you everything you need to start your new journey as a surfer. The Intermediate/Advanced course takes your skills to the next level, whether you’re a lifestyle surfer or aiming to compete. Performance coaching is our highest level of coaching, and looks in very fine detail at every element of your surfing to find areas to improve.Pembrokeshire
On The Beach
- The wetsuit – putting on and taking off
- Leash Secured around the board, fin toward the body.
- Leash attachment – under wetsuit, card pointing outward.
- Warm up – 5 minute simple stretching
- Attack & control; head up & board straight.
- Turning board in waves -back towards waves.
- Lying on the board (Prone) – showing correct trim.
- Catching the wave – toboggan or paddling.
- Riding the wave (prone) – all the way to beach: showing correct trim & control.
- Stopping – slide to the side, holding rails.
- Trimming – small adjustments to correct prone trim.
- Awareness – look left & right whilst riding wave.
- Bottom, fin, leash and rails.
- Leash – why do we use a leash.
- Flags – identifying swimming, surfing & red flag areas.
- Signals – Understanding instructors signals.
Beach Safety & Rescue
- Responding to signals – show quick response and understanding of.
- Distress signal – demonstration and when to use it.
- Falling off – protecting your head, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Buddy system – teaming up & showing awareness.
- Leaving water – inform instructor when you go and when you return.
- Press up – on toes and hands for three seconds.
- Sitting -face beach, sitting on board.
- Airplane – prone position, with arms stretched outwards (wing dips).
- Buddy Boarding – catch the same wave as buddy, at least board length apart.