Improver Surfing Lessons in Pembrokeshire, Wales | Surf Course in Pembrokeshire, Wales
Children Surf Lessons in Pembrokeshire, West Wales
Children’s surf lessons in Pembrokeshire, West Wales. Whether you want to learn the basics of surfing and beach safety, or improve your existing skills, we can teach you some vital surfer’s knowledge to keep yourself and others having a good time.The Children should feel happy going from prone to standing and have a good board control, including steering and trimming. There’s lots of freestyle, games and exercises to help progress your surfing. Don’t forget beach safety and theory. Concentrate on take-off technique – No knees pleases.
You should feel happy going from prone to standing and have a good board control, including steering and trimming. There’s lots of freestyle, games and exercises to help progress your surfing. Don’t forget beach safety and theory. Concentrate on take-off technique – No knees please
On The Beach
- Carrying the board to the waters edge – 1 person carry.
- Board control – walking out through surf, controlling board in surf, pointing nose into wind on beach.
- Board care – appropriate handling to avoid damage.
- Warm up – 5 minute routine of easy stretches.
Theory and Information
- Simple emergency actions - what to do.
- Water currents – basic introduction to rips.
- Avoiding other water users – rights of way.
- Care for the environment - basic rules.
- Catching the wave - padding method.
- Standing up – getting on the feet whilst riding wave, spring to feet or via knees.
- Choosing a good wave – what to look for.
- Riding the wave – standing all the way to beach, for at least 5 seconds.
- Care of others – avoiding collisions and general awareness.
Beach Safety & Rescue
- Quick response to signals from instructors.
- Demonstrate the distress signal.
- Falling off – action to protect head, shallow dive.
- Buddy System – showing awareness of buddy.
- Leaving water – action when leaving and joining group.
On The Wave
- Stopping – stall/lean back, board to hand , jump to side, holding rail.
- Awareness – looking left and right whilst riding wave in a standing position.
- Pointing – leading arm pointing to nose, looking along wave line.
- Knee riding – Catching waves, from prone to knees.
- Hand drag – drag hands in water, standing position.
- Sliding foot – slide front foot forward and back without stalling.
- Hands behind back - for 3 seconds.
- One hand on rail – crouch for three seconds.
- Emergency procedures - telephone, location of emergency telephone, who to telephone and what to say.
- Terminology – goofy & natural, board parts etc.
- Outer Reef Surf Scheme – level three.
- Warm ups – why? Injury prevention, improved flexibility and performance.
SURF SHOP | SURF LESSONS PEMBROKESHIRE | PADDLE BOARDING WALES
Our Surf Shop is located just outside Pembroke and on the way to our favourite beach Freshwater West. Surf lessons are throughout Pembrokeshire, Standup Paddle Boarding courses will take you to unspoiled coastlines around West Wales.